Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ohm
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:28 am   

xp status bar only display %mud.xp

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

After installing cmud and creating a new session and logging in and out a couple of times I suddenly notice that the xp number that should be displayed on the status bar is replaced with xp "%mud.xp". After disabling all my settings (having thought them to blame) and restarting cmud the problem remains while the gp and health status bars work fine.

The stranger thing is when I do a #SHOW {%mud.xp} is actually shows my xp amount...

Trying to create other status bars with %mud.xp result in the same problem - "%mud.xp" being shown instead of it resolving to a number.

In fustration I reinstalled cmud and recreated a session from scratch. The first time I logged in it was fine, though on subsequent logins the same problem occured.

Anyone else have this issue, and better yet know a way to resolve it?

Regards.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:10 am   

What mud are you playing on? Does it support %mud.xp? Have you tried doing %eval(%mud.xp)?
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:04 am   

I believe this is Discworld, but I am not having this issue at all in v2.24.

Are you actually quoting it in your code?

You do need to send a command to the game before the variables update though.
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:57 pm   

Shalimar, you're a genious!

I feel a little bit worse for wear now having found an alias I named "xp". This worked fine in zmud, but has some obviously undesired results in cmud.

Renaming the alias "xp" to something else fixed the issue of "%mud.xp" being displayed.

I'm not sure if I would classify this as a bug, but I would clasify this as a reserved word as it obviously is going to an affect on mxp system variables if you use it. Perhaps even disabling the means for users to name thier aliases after these variables might be nice?

Anyway, problem fixed and thanks again!
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:26 pm   

Trouble is that the MUD can name MXP entities anything it likes; there's no way for CMUD to know in advance what they're going to be called. So what if someone connects to the MUD and the MUD's changed their entities, creating problems with the user's existing aliases? Which one gets cancelled?

I reckon it counts as a bug that alias names are interfering with entities in this way, though, and should probably be fixed if possible.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: