Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ennui

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:58 am   

alarm bug? Make it stop!

Hi,

I mistyped an alarm command while making an alias recently, so that it read something like "#alias midas {give %1 nelk;#alarm 1 reply midas %1}" - note the lack of braces around alarm's argument? Using this alias caused the client to spam "reply" once a second adinfinitum. I can't see any way to stop it. It is persistant across connections - shutting down the client doesn't help. Can anyone advise me on how to stop it, please?

Also, creating subfolders of the same name as the root seems to get zmud all confuzzled. i.e... create a class folder called testfolder and inside of that folder create a classfolder called testfolder. You may have to add some aliases and/or triggers, but eventually zmud will seize up, using 100% of your system resources and requiring you to #killall or something drastic to get it running again.

hoping for a prompt reply,
ilk
Vorax
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:42 am   

#ALARM 1 {}
will remove the commands being sent by the alarm. You should be able to find a trigger in your settings editor with a trigger pattern of "1" which is the alarm you've created. It's always a good idea to name your alarms so that they don't start stacking up and create multiples of the same thing. You should also edit your alias and fix your alarm within it by placing a + before the time to create a temporary alarm so that it fires once and deletes itself.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:26 am   

#ALARMs are just a special type of trigger if you ever find yourself in a situation where an alarm or trigger is repeating itself you can turn them off by either typing #IG or clicking the gun icon in the lower right corner of zmud

That will allow you to find the problem and fix it without spamming away.

#UNTRIGGER 1
projectx43

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:49 pm   

This happened to me, except I was using #ALARM -4, so it kept firing over and over.

#UNTRIG -4 didn't work.
#ALARM -4 {} didn't work.

Come to find out, 2 new classes got created with -4 as a trigger inside of them...

Deleted both classes, cleared everything up.

--B
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:06 am   

This is why you always give alarms an ID.

#ALARM "heartbeat" -10 {stuff that happens on the heartbeat}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: