Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Naviad
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:31 am   

[1.33] Numpad keys not able to be bound to macros

Hi guys,

I'm using CMUD 1.33, trying it out to see if I want to upgrade from zmud. I'm porting over my triggerset by hand, so I can fix old code as I find it and test out the new cmud features.

I can't bind macros to the numberpad, however. Here is what I have tried.

* Creating a new macro via clicking the macro settings button, clicking new, then clicking in the key field and pressing the relevant key. This works for almost all keys except for the numpad keys of... / * - +. Instead of putting in NUM_* or another expected response, it adds the key pressed to whatever is in the box already.
* Doing the above, but typing in things like NUM_*, NUM*, and testing. Not working.
* Using the <key>=text syntax as shown in the reference under #key. Can't get this to work for any numpad keys tho.

I can't find any way to do this and I presume it should be possible as it was an important feature in zMud, especially for games such as Achaea etc.

Thanks!

Naviad
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:05 am   

It changed slightly in CMud. When you click on the key field to give it focus, press the enter key. This brings up a little dialog box telling you to then press the desired key combination. Doing that will create the proper key symbol you need.

An alternative is to type out the key combo manually in the Key field. For instance, if you want to bind to the numpad 7 key, you would type in KEY7.

Finally, though it won't work for the * or / keys, you can just look to the English Keypad package for examples. The keycode for the + on the numpad is ADD.
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:47 am   

Aha, that worked. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: