Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ohm
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:26 am   

Sessions merging for same host

My apologies if this has already been reported.

Using the latest version (1.34) on Vista causes my sessions to "merge" when connecting to the same host. In essence if I have two separate sessions stored (test1@somehost.com & test2@somehost.com) that both connect to somehost.com and connect to them within CMUD a number of strange things start to happen. Namely this is within the package editor and adding various bits and pieces seems initially OK. Switching between the two however to create other triggers, aliases etc. does cause the issue, usually with one session not accepting any new creations. Closing CMUD and reopening the problem session shows that the package files used are now set to that of the other session, and manually fixing this via "edit session" fails to resolve the issue.

I first thought this a problem with UAC in Vista and the session files/directories not being created correctly, but after disabling UAC and setting the sessions to be stored in an accessible directory AND running CMUD under an administrator account this problem occurred again. As ZMUD does support muliplaying I've reverted to using that for the time being.

Are others experiencing this problem?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:41 pm   

You might want to try the 2.07 Beta version before you give up. The Beta version has it's own quirks right now and still has some bugs, but since hundreds of problems have been fixed since 1.34, it's very possible that this issue has already been fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: