Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:17 pm   

Well... what an... "interesting" problem, zMUD Split toggling on its own.

My zMUD split bar for the scrollback history is toggling itself on and off on its own. Just on, off, on, off, and just keeps switching as fast as it can go. I've tried a complete reinstall including deleting all files remaining in the dir except my chardb and individual MUD folders. However I have eliminated these as culprits by putting them onto another PC and not getting the issue. It may be something to do with Vista... but why now after so long does it happen? It never happened on my other Laptop under Vista after almost a year of usage, and this one has been fine for 2 months. I'm at a loss, so if anyone has any suggestions....
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:18 pm   

Addendum:

It is toggling once per second, in perfect sync with the tick timer when that is turned on. Still does it if timer is disabled though.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:31 pm   

Sounds like you have a script assigned to the tick timer command (or some other timer) that is using the #FR (freeze) command that toggles the splitbar.
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:28 am   

Actually I tracked the problem down to external software.

I use Poptray to check my email addresses. I've been using it for years, and it never once had a problem. Till Vista. It is an interaction with the Vista version of my display driver, Poptray, and zMUD. So... I had to quit using it. Which sucks because it is the best program I have ever used for checking gmail. It is small, efficient, etc etc..

So yeah, basically whenever poptray started flashing (once per second... gee ;) ) that I had new email, zMUD went crazy. Until I closed Poptray. I tested it 3 times to be sure. And yes, that what it was.

On my XP Desktop with the same driver (different card, but we all know how NVIDIA drivers work... still isn't a 100% guarantee...) And it behaves properly. So... I'm still inclined to believe its the Vista interaction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: