Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
parkscs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:44 pm   

CMUD Pathing using #slow/#step/#pause

Hi all,

Long time zmud user, first time poster and newbie cmud user. :) I've been working on automating some basic tasks on a MUD I play (botting is not banned there, before anyone goes into illegal conduct). I found a basic bot script on the forums here and I've adapted it to suit my MUD. Everything is working fine for the most part, but there are still some pathing issues I could use some help with. Namely, if I need to flee from an NPC (e.g., if an elite guard assists the low level peasant I attacked), the pathing tends to get off track and I'm unsure how to really get it back on track. I tried using the %nextdir function to just flee in the next direction of the path, but that tends to put me one room ahead of schedule, and inevitably the bot will hit a room where it can't go that direction (because it's one step ahead) and hangs.

Is there a good way to just pop the next direction off the remaining path without actually executing the step? To that end, is there a good way to step "backwards" using these built in functions? For example, #step will take me one step forward on my path, but is there an easy way to go one room backwards on the path? What about 3 rooms backwards?

I did a quick search for this topic but didn't come up with anything on point. If I missed a good reference though, I'd appreciate a link to it.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:04 pm   

There is the #backup command.
parkscs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:18 pm   

I will check that out when I get home. That will help me fix at least some of my problems. Thanks. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: