Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Cadabyr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:23 pm   

Suggestion for Achaea ratting script

I have no idea how to script... [B)]
But I saw once on a website, it said:
"After counting three kills of a rat per room, it randomly picks an exit. If there is a player in that room, it should exit again."
Sadly, that site is closed down or something and you can't access the script, let alone much of the site.
Is it possible to make a script where it makes your character walk around, sit in a room and automatically kill three rats, then move on to another room and kill 3 rats? And every time they go into a room with another player, your character moves to another room?
Theragil
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:18 pm   

I'd check HELP TRIGGERS before investing much time in that if I were you. I know Aetolia has a rule against what you're trying to do, and I would bet Achaea does as well.
Cadabyr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:47 am   

Someone from Achaea told me it's fine to do if you are still at the computer with the script running.
Does anyone know how to make this script?
DeReP
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:43 am   

Maybe this site will give you a hint on what to do. It has a bunch of scripts for Achaea.
http://www.achaea.darkfenixxx.biz/scripts.htm
kyishi
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:39 am   

I am allmost certain that it is illegal to have an auto ratter, it does not matter if you are at the computer or not, well that it what i thought atleast.
Cadabyr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:36 pm   

Well, people told me it's legal to do as long as your at the computer with the script running.
Can anyone please make a script like this, if they have the time?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:18 pm   

"Is it possible to make a script...?" Yes. You can find quite a few examples on this forum, of varying quality, by using the Search link.

"people told me it's legal" -- How hard is it to look it up and decide for yourself? If the rules say one thing and "people" say something different, I'd ignore the "people" unless they happen to be at the very top of the MUD admin with the authority to change the rules. But this forum isn't the proper place to argue about the rules of Achaea.
xiricom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:49 am   

It is not illegal to to auto rat if you are at the computer and you are able to respond while your script is running
however it is disrespectful according to some people to rat in public (ie rooms that have people in them)
if you want to auto rat on achaea I suggest doing it in the suburbs keeping zmud window in front of you and not worrying about auto exiting

if you are truly at your comp then you shouldn't have to auto exit as you will be able to move freely with a keystroke.
xiricom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:50 am   

subdivision sorry I'm .... under the influence
xiricom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:51 am   

Mr. Green

also ire games are run by different Imm's so what is allowed on one might not be considered ok on another if you ever have a wuestion like this you can always contact one of the celani within achaea and they will most likely respond in a timely fashion

sorry so many posts .... again under the influence
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:12 pm   

You just resurrected a post that died two years ago... for no reason. Don't drink and post, kids. A public service message, sponsored in part by the ACP.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:53 pm   

He did mention subdivision who isn't in this post so it's possible he replied to someone who reactivated the post then deleted what they put.

Wise words however about not drinking and posting Rolling Eyes
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:09 pm   

The subdivision is a place in Achaea where many people go to kill rats, not a person. ;)
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:41 pm   

Oops Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: