Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Chandawynn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:19 am   

Help?ZMud wont start, access violation at address

followed by a numbar in moduelZMud.exe or something. Please make it as simple as possible.

Thank you.
Danlo
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:33 am   

I would suggest rebooting your computer to clear the RAM, then restart zmud. It means zmud attempted to access an address that didn't exist. It shouldn't be a permanent problem.
Chandawynn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:04 am   

It's been going on for three days, not only have I rebooted several times, but I did two system restores trying to go back to a place it worked.Any other suggestions?
seamer
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:36 am   

What version of zmud are you using, and what operating system?
seamer
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:36 pm   

I got this email from Chandawyn, since there is nothing personal/strange in it I'll repost here:

quote:
Windows XP, and 7.3 I tried to update to 7.4, I tried the automatic licence advice that didn't work either. I'm not that great with computers...I don't know what else to do

Have you tried to update Windows at all? There is a critical component that zMUD needs to work properly, it's possible you have to update. Take a look at this webpage and see if it makes sense to you: http://www.zuggsoft.com/data/
Chandawynn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:23 am   

Windows is set to update automatically, and I accept all updates. I went to the site you suggented and DLed both will run and try ZMud again, perhaps it will work, something like this happened once before a long time ago, but I haven't had any problems in a very long time.
Thank You
Will let you know
Chandawynn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:47 am   

That didn't solve the problem either, any other suggestions? After I get the address error, the reconnect box says I quit, mud crashed, network went down SLIP/PPP modem call waiting caused line to drop(don't have call waiting), but Telnet connects at the same time without a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: