Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Cedahlia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:44 am   

CMud overwritten session in Windows 7? [SOLVED]

Hi there,

I've used Zmud for years but recently downloaded a trial version of CMud to test out on Windows 7. All in all it seems much, much more stable than Zmud in Win7, and 8 days into my trial version I was liking it a lot. However, today I've run into a problem, and I'm hoping someone else has dealt with this and might know how to resolve it. First of all, all of my settings were imported from Zmud without issue (had to change a few small things, but no big deal.) Included in that import were #cap triggers to capture my in-game communication and display in a new window. For 8 days I had no problems with this, but then last night I exited Cmud without closing that capture window before closing my main session window. You might have guess what happened next... when I tried to sign on this morning, it seems that the capture window (which has no triggers, aliases, etc) seems to have overwritten my main session. I've been trying to recover that session to no avail, but maybe you all have some ideas?

In the end, this isn't the end of the world... in the past week I had implemented new aliases, triggers, etc, but I can re-do those. However, if I can't be sure that my session will be saved when I log out, there will be no need for me to keep using CMud =/

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Cedahlia on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:15 pm   

How did you "close the main session window"? You shouldn't have to close both windows manually, if you exit Cmud correctly.

The most likely possibility is that you somehow managed to disable the main session window. Go into the Package Editor and look for
your main session window. Open up its preferences, and see whether it is set to be visible. If it is not, simply mark the checkbox.
Cedahlia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 pm   

Ah hah! It seems that my lack of familiarity with the package editor is partly to blame. Those setting were not deleted, and I can find them now that I know what to look for! However, I still haven't managed to get my main window back (I don't see an option to set it to "visible" in preferences... maybe I'm blind.) So, I still just have this blank window where my #CAPtures are posted.
Cedahlia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 pm   

Okay, I finally found the "visible" option, it's not in preferences but under the "advanced" tab under the main session window. Not only did I have to make the main session visible, but I had to change the capture window to not visible. This has solved my problem. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: