Please see the AC Explorer Discussion Forum for the latest calibration
information for ACX Server.
- Fixed the Floating Point error in path finding.
- Improved Portal destination parsing of ACSpedia database.
- Added updated Terrain file for AC:ToD expansion.
- Removed eLicense copy protection and replaced with custom copy protection.
- ACX Server changed to support Throne of Destiny expansion better.
- No changes to ACX Server
- Now parses ZyrcaNet bot data correctly from new hosting
- Fixed bug that caused portal Tie list to become filled
with empty items everytime data files were updated
- References to old ACMaps site in dungeon.dat file
updated to point to current ACMap site
- Fixed a bug that could cause the exits of some portals
to be parsed incorrectly when changed in the comment field for a portal
- Cleaned up map of Dereth to remove islands not
currently in use by game
- ACX Server 1.29
- Now checks www.zuggsoft.com
site at startup for updated calibration data
- (Can be turned off by setting CheckVersion=0 in the
[Options] section of the INI file)
- ACX Client 3.32
- Fixed "Divide by zero" error at startup
- Handles error messages returned by ZyrcaBot server
- Changed query frequency of Zyrcabot: query is only done
when AC Explorer is first run, or when you actually use the "Find
- ZyrcaBot data only updated when Find Path is used if it
hasn't been updated in the specified number of minutes in the Portal Bot
- Portal bot update time changed from seconds to minutes,
with 1 minute as the minimum update frequency
- AC Explorer now downloads the most current URLs for AC-Spedia,
AC-Maps, and ZyrcaNet when it checks for a new version
- AC Explorer will also update the calibration data for
ACX Server when it checks for a new version.
- Fixed a memory leak caused by the ZyrcaNet
- No changes to ACX Server
- Added support for ZyrcaNet.
ZyrcaBot portal bots can be displayed on the map, and can be used in the
Shortest route calculation, just like any other portal.
- Added icon to end of portals. Can be turned on
and off in the options.
- Fixed (hopefully) error in AutoUpdate (for next version
- Updated graphical map to make colors brighter and to
improve colors on Marae Lassal.
- Updated terrain data used for route finding
- Fixed problem with NewLocation COM routine
- Added ILocation.Save method for saving changes made to
locations via COM
- Added ITieItem COM object for handling multiple ties
- Added GetTie, SetTie, NewTie, NumTies to IApplication
COM object for handling multiple ties
- Made some minor speed improvements to terrain-sensitive
- Added a bunch of HotKey shortcuts. Documented
them in Help File.
- Routes starting or ending with current tracking
character no longer change as the character moves
- Added Ctrl-Mousewheel support for zooming the map
- The Show menu now works as it should for tabs other
than the "Map" tab.
- Removed limitation of 5000 locations.
- No changes to ACX Server
- Added support for multiple lifestone ties, multiple
portal ties, house and mansion ties, and an infinite number of custom
portal ties (for stuff like Aerlinthe portals)
- Changed the menu bar component to fix problems caused
on some graphics cards
- New menu bar supports "XP style" as well as
the traditional menu style. XP-style is the default, but this can
be changed in the Edit/Options/Appearance dialog.
- Made minor changes to the Map Coverage option in hopes
of fixing the allusive crash on some Win98 systems.
- No changes to ACX Server
- Added House Tie for using the Recall House command in
the shortest route calculation
- Fixed problems with deleted objects still showing on
- Fixed problem with slow mouse movement over map
- Added Coverage button to Update Map dialog to see what
landblocks are loaded into your CELL.DAT
- Added Color button to Update Map dialog to allow
terrain colors and light sourcing properties to be changed when
generating a new graphical map
- Fixed crash caused by selecting object type in Edit
panel when no object is being edited
- Updated eLicense wrapper to support Fast-User switching
on Windows XP.
- No changes to ACX Server
- Updated Map to show Marae Lassel for Dark Majestry
- Removed old ice island from northern coast
- Updated terrain file for Marae Lassel
- Fixed bug that caused newer dungeons to be shown as
- Changed Full Update URL for AC-Spedia
- No changes to ACX Server
- Added support for "Communities" (called
Housing in AC Explorer)
- Can now assign an image to *any* location, not just
- Animated GIF images supported
- Transparent GIF images displayed properly
- Added Image button above map area
- ACMaps can now update dungeon block numbers
- Added "Update Map" command to generate new
graphical map from cell.dat data.
- Added display of ID value for location in Edit panel
- Can search on ID value using #ID format in Search panel
- Changed icon for Outposts (Housing uses old Outpost
- URL field for images can point to local image file
instead of an http URL
- Fixed bug with manually editing URL field not saving
- ACX Server 1.28
- Added Indirect methods to obtain player location.
Two types of indirection are supported. See help file.
- Pre-configured double-indirection method to handle
August patch (no longer uses jittery Camera location, but uses stable
- Auto and Manual calibration now support the
double-indirection method used in the August patch.
- Updated the Override calibration options to support the
new indirection method
- ACX Client 3.26
- Added Dungeon Map viewing. Maps are downloaded
from a remote map server. Pre-configured to use the http://acmaps.acsage.com/
map server. See help file for more details on how this is
- Added "Maps" as new database type for
downloading the map index from the remote server.
- Added URL for remote GIF image to Edit panel.
- Dungeon maps viewed using the Views/DungeonMap menu
command, or by double-clicking on the dungeon icon on the map or dungeon
name in the Nearby list.
- Updated help file and made this the PUBLIC release
- ACX Server 1.27
- Adds AutoSync field to Override calibration to prevent
automatic determination of player index.
- Added ReSync button to re-synchronize the server
without doing a full calibration.
- Debug window no longer cleared by multiple calibrations
- AutoPaste option now works properly when the user is
pasting other information into the clipboard
- ACX Client 3.25
- Added COM object Automation server. See help file
for API details. Allows AC Explorer to be called from other
applications such as Decal plugins.
- Fixed problem that caused ACXPLORER.INI file to be
corrupt and lose the map and tabs
- Adjusted tracking location to better align with map
- Toggling database Enabled flag in Options screen now
takes effect on the map as soon as OK is clicked.
- Toggling the Enabled flags now works properly
- Toggling the Enable flags in the Update Database screen
now works properly
- Fixed several problems dealing with multiple databases
and database updates that could sometimes cause the database to be
deleted, or could cause multiple copies of the same location in the
- Fixed the Show Markers and Show Corpses menu options
- Creates the proper INI file when running from the
Installer for the first time
- Fixed several problems in the F10 Add Building command
and the F9 add point commands.
- Fixed several problems with updating a database when
the remote database server is down.
|ACX Server 1.26
- Changed tracking calibration method to handle August
patch changes to AC client
|ACX Server 1.25
- Handles shifting of calibration address when client
- Does /unfilter -all properly when calibration fails
- Moves character during autocalibration to improve
- Added Debug mode to calibration
- ACX Server 1.24
- AutoPaste turned off during calibration
- Calibration settings immediately saved when calibration
- ACX Client 3.24
- Fixed bad "Uninstall" link created by
- Installer no longer appends the "ACExplorer"
to the directory that you select
- Installer uses long file name for the location you last
installed AC Explorer
- New eLicense software should fix code 23 and other
- Added "Search only Nearby" option to Search
tab to only search locations displayed in current map window
- Added customization of the map tab settings
- No longer keeps loading places.dat when information has
been properly moved to master.dat
- Modified "Show" menu so that selecting a type
of object toggles the viewing of that object type without de-selecting
all other objects. Shift-select is now used to turn off all other
- Using customized tab settings, each map tab can have
it's own separate Show menu options.
- Fixed bug that caused markers to be deleted when
updating the database or using the New Marker command
- Added Ctrl-G "Goto" menu command to jump to a
specified location quickly
- All "Latitude" entry boxes can now accept a
full lat,long location in many different formats. Examples of
accepted location strings are "12.3N,45.6E" "12.3N
45.6E" "12.3 45.6" "-12.3 -45.6" etc.
- Updated default hostname for AC-Spedia to point at the
new www.clarkzoo.org server.
- <BR> tags in description no longer converted to
CR/LF when writing to master.dat
- Removed "Update" option from
Edit/Option/Databases and instead added a second button to the Update
Database dialog. The two buttons on the download screen are now
"Update Full" and "Update Recent".
- When tracking history gets full, old portal jumps are
now properly deleted along with the old trail points.
- Fixed bug that could cause AC Explorer to hang when you
enter a dungeon.
- No changes to ACX Server
- Cancel download no longer processes the database
- DateAdded field added to the Update format used by
- Changed how ShowSuspect works. Suspect locations
now always stored in the database, but only displayed if ShowSuspect is
- Changed terrain handling to better deal with steep
walls that are unclimbable
- Fixed bug in italic text display on Win98 systems
- Added <BR> tag support to <message> text
returned from Update URLs
- Added the Add Comment URL for AC Spedia
- Added numbers to the corpse titles
- Running AC Explorer a second time no longer crashes
(switches to copy already running)
- Portal and Lifestone tie information no longer cleared
if the database is deleted
- Temporary database update files are just renamed to *.bak
instead of deleted
- Included new map created from April patch data by
- ACX Server 1.22
- Uses DUNGEON.DAT file to display names of dungeon that
you are in
- Tells you when you are in buildings and dungeons
- Better detection of when AC is running
- Accesses AC memory image with less privileges required
- Properly saves AC version and no longer gives bogus
"Calibration might be required" messages
- Added timestamp options to history and log files
- Added scrollbar to movement history
- ACX Client 3.20
- Fixed saving whether portals are disabled. To fix
this, all portals are re-enabled when this update is installed, so you
need to disable portals again manually
- Included DUNGEON.DAT file to detect names of dungeons
that you are in
- Dynamically updates DUNGEON.DAT file as you enter new
- Clear Tracks command now properly shows name of
tracking character being cleared
- Added XML data format from ACSpedia to supported file
- Added ability to only download items that have changed
since last update. Makes updating data files a lot faster
- places.dat is now just the data file from AC Spedia.
Master location data now stored in MASTER.DAT which is always stored in
- Better support for handling multiple databases
- Improved terrain tracking. No longer makes routes
through some impassible mountains, especially in northern Dereth and the
- If ACX Server denies connection because of security
settings, the client gets a message to that effect, rather than the
generic "can't connect to server" message
- Corpses in dungeons are now displayed properly on the
- Corpses are not cleared from the movement history when
the history gets too large
- Exiting AC Explorer right after starting (before it can
check for new version info) no longer causes it to hang
- Updating the database no longer causes access
- Blank <exit> tag in description no longer causes
portal exits to be reset
- HTML support added to description display field in Map
tab. HTML tags can be added in Edit mode to enhance display of
- Tracking icon no longer gets corrupted by other icons
- Location name on Map tab can now be selected to
- Nearby location list no longer flashes during tracking
in Full map mode
- Changed Database URLs for updating and adding comments
to now use HTTP POST method
- Downloading update now just shows Bytes Received
instead of trying to show progress bar
- <exit> and <level> tags recognized in
object description text
- Fixed various bad icons in menu options
- Added a splitbar between location description and
nearby list in Map tab
- Updated Technical Details help page.
- Fixed Corrupt Application bug
- Now checks for new version correctly at startup
- Added Option for checking for new version at startup
- Added Option for map window double-buffering
- Increased default route cutoff from 5000 to 8000.
- ACX Server 1.20
- Fixed problem with exiting and restarting AC causing
server to stop tracking
- Fixed ASync Lookup error on some systems
- Added option for putting ACX Server in the system tray
- Added option for starting the ACX Server minimized
- Setting port to zero (or blank) now uses default port
- Added @filter -all and @unfilter -all commands to the
automatic calibration to prevent chat messages from messing up the
- Increased the delay between clicking the Start
Calibration button and when commands are sent to the game.
- Added more tests to verify the stability of the
calibration location before it is selected
- Newlines and spaces are stripped from the clipboard
text when using Manual calibration
- Server no longer confused by other windows with title
- ACX Client 3.20
- Added Terrain sensitive routing. Routes
now avoid the ocean and impassible cliffs.
- Changed regions from detailed objects to regular global
- Regions can be marked as Disabled which causes the
route function to avoid walking through these regions
- Added Clear History command to tracking history window
right-click menu to clear the current movement history.
- Added Clear Trail and Restore Trails commands to the
right-click menu of the tracking list to clear and restore the current
- Timestamp for corpse added to corpse icon's description
- Map parameters are now saved in MAP.INI. Map
filename and various scaling and offset values are stored here to make
replacing the default map easier.
- Added URLs to the Help menu for getting to various web
- Added XML fields to object descriptions for portal
exits and level restrictions (See help file in the Technical details
- Added option to right-click on a tracking entry and
make it the start or end point of a route
- Moved Update database from Help menu to Update menu
- Added Update Terrain option to Update menu to update
the terrain.dat file used for terrain routing
- Added Update Software option to the Update menu to
check zuggsoft.com web site for software updates. Check is also
automatically made by the program at startup.
- Added Append option to Route page to create waypoint
- Added option fields to the Route page to make it easier
to turn on and off portal and lifestone tie
- Fixed minor problems with the map bitmap shifting at
high zoom values when scrolling.
- Added double-buffering to the map display to avoid
flickering during tracking updates.
- Fixed various bugs when inside buildings or dungeons
- The name of the dungeon is now identified when you
enter on the tracking screen
- The Block number field was added to the Edit panel to
change the dungeon block associated with an object
- Added Clear Last Corpse command to the F8 key to make
deleting extra corpses easier.
- Corpse no longer added when you use a portal that exits
near a lifestone
- Default Portal Distance increased to 20 to avoid extra
corpses when you have a fast Run value.
- If ACX Client opens the ACX Server, it will
automatically close the server when you exit the client.
- Commas in location names no longer cause a problem.
- Random portals are now flagged as a separate object
with a different icon
- Fixed some floating point errors in the client when the
server isn't calibrated properly.
- Gave portal lines a lower priority so that clicking on
an object near a portal line causes the object to be selected instead of
- Grid labels now show at startup properly if grid option
- Changed the tracking icon graphics so that the heading
of the icon is easier to see and the label no longer gets in the way.
- Last position of a tracking character is saved, even
when the server stops running. Tracking icon displayed in gray
color in this situation.
- Fixed problem with starting ACX in maximized window
- Added Save Route and Load Route menu commands to save
and load the route list
- The Left panel can no longer be shrunk below a certain
value. This prevents the panel from getting hidden.
- Proportional resize of the panels now works properly
when resizing and maximizing the window
- Fixed problem on a second monitor with right-click
menus displaying in the wrong location.
- Map is centered when window is larger than the map
- Fixed various scrollbar display problems so that map
scrollbars displayed only when needed.
|ACX Server 1.12
- Fixed problem with calibration on non-US systems.
- ACX Server 1.10
- ACX Server fixed "7loc" problem for
- ACX Server autocalibration improved and speeded
up. Much more reliable now.
- ACX Server icon added to Start/Programs menu for AC
- ACX Server has command line option for specifying IP
address and port to run on. Use IPAddress:Port as the command line
parameter, or just Port to run on the local IP address, but a different
- Added options to ACX Server to override IP address (for
- ACX Server now detects the AC Client version number and
adds a prompt to the history window if the client has changed to remind
the user to recalibrate the server.
- ACX Server now detects a list of possible memory
addresses when using Automatic or Manual calibration that can be
selected from in the Override calibration section.
- ACX Client 3.10
- About box now thanks all players who have contributed
to AC-Spedia database
- Added Region objects to detailed list. Regions
are like building objects but are not filled with a color and use dotted
lines instead of solid lines. Intended to add spawn and hunting
regions to the detailed maps.
- Location no longer pasted to clipboard if Auto Paste is
- Fixed bug drawing a building that had comment text
after the coordinates
- Added several corpse commands, including Route to Last
corpse, Route to First corpse, Clear corpse, and Clear All corpses.
- Fixed bug in building editor that could cause building
to get overwritten by another, or cause edits to get lost
- Non-standard port numbers now supported for
server. Use IPAddress:Port in client to connect to a non-standard
- Can right-click on a list of locations and select
"Copy location" to copy a single location to the clipboard
instead of copying the entire list.
- Fixed problem with clicking on a location sometimes
selecting wrong location in list.
- Buildings are now drawn after roads so that they
overlap roads properly
- Non-active tracking characters are now displayed in the
list properly at startup
- Added Follow Amount option to control how close to the
edge of the map causes it to re-center. Setting this to 100 causes
map to continuously re-center on character.
- Fixed problems displaying long names for tracking icons
- Tracking icons no longer interfere with each other when
there are several near each other
- Tracking icon now redraws properly when switching
between Windows applications
- Added License Agreement screen to startup.
- Added character specific log files to ACX client.
- Added master log file to client that logs location of
all tracking characters every 10 seconds.
- Changed the main map background color
- Movement history window is now marked as "stay on
- Added several new maps of towns contributed by several
- Added several Print options to print locations, list of
locations, routes, and map window.
- Fixed bug that causes top of window not to be displayed
properly when window is Maximized
- Fixed Scrollbar out of range bug with high screen
- You can now select and right-click on detailed
locations such as buildings
- Fixed download progress bar for updating the database.
|ACX Server 1.01
- Fixed problem with calibrating server on Windows NT
- AC Explorer PRO first release!
- Added real-time party tracking
- Added AC Explorer Server (ACXServ) to remotely capture
character location from AC.
- Allow/Deny security added to server
- Real-time heading tracking added
- Track can leave a history trail on map
- Added corpse detection to movement history
- Added commands to create buildings via the current
- Fixed crash with Add Marker
- Added eLicense copy protection for commercial version
23-Jul-2000 (public release)
- Fixed problem that could cause an error in the AC-Spedia
database to hang AC Explorer
13-Dec-2000 (public release)
- Size and position of main window saved and restored
- Map view mode saved and restored across sessions
- Items enabled in Show menu saved and restored
- Last position being viewed saved and restored
20-Jul-2000 (beta release)
- Uses the new map from David Simpson that shows the
new July-patch island and has better terrain details derived from the
cell.dat files used by AC.
- Portals can be individually enabled or disabled for
use in the Find Route command.
- Added Portal-Tie and Lifestone-Tie features
- Added user-defined Views along with hotkeys for
- Added view history with Back/Forward buttons (like
a browser history).
- Can right-click on portals in main map view to go
to portal destination
- Added support for multiple databases
- Fixed Show Marker bugs
- Improved download progress bar
- Can disable display of "suspect"
locations in database
- Added Min and Max Level information to
objects. Char level can be used in Find Route command to obey
portal level restrictions.
- Clicking on URLs in About box now work
- First part of Route now displayed properly
- Added Mousewheel scrolling support
- Copy (ctrl-c) now can copy the entire route list to
be pasted into AC
- Added Remove Marker to right-click menu
- Shift-click on map now cycles through multiple
objects in same location
- You can now select a portal by clicking anywhere
near the portal line (not just start or end point)
- Updated help file with new features.
2-Mar-2000 (public release)
- Dereth map now in BMP format instead of GIF format
- This fixes the "Incorrect parameter", and "Divide by
zero" problems some people were experiencing.
1-Mar-2000 (public release)
- Uses new high-res topo map of Dereth from Turbine. Incredible
- Separated map GIF file from main program to allow people to edit it
as desired. (do NOT change the size of the image)
- Fixed graphic routines to allow use of large bitmap under Win98
- Improved scrolling routines to avoid flashing
- Add support for /loc coordinates
- Added Markers
- Added captions. Captions can be moved for each item in database
- Added 3 extra zoom levels
- Added ultra-detail to detail maps, allowing buildings to have size
and shape. See included TouTou map for examples.
- Added Line item type (same as road, but road now has width at higher
- URL of database download can be changed in INI file
- Proxy support added. Change ProxyServer and ProxyPort in INI
- Added date search to Search mode. Displays all items added to
database since the specified date
- Portal lines are displayed if the endpoint is in the current view.
Endpoints can be drag/dropped moved
- Added full Drag/Drop editing support. Any item can be moved in
Edit Mode by dragging it. Individual points in roads, lines, or buildings can also
- Added right-click menu option to move entire object or move just
- Network is not required until you actually select the Update Database
- Updated help file
15-Feb-2000 (public release)
- Full map mode now displays all objects in map view
- Removed the radius cursor setting
- Route screen now displays the route graphically in the map window
- Fixed problem with additions to database not being saved across
updates (upgrades from old versions still will have problems, but any updated from 1.3 to
something newer will work).
- Updating database no longer overwrites some user changes.
- Really fixed the resizing map problem!
- Fixed help file link
- Fixed problems with resizing the map not displaying properly in
- Pressing Enter from search keywords now executes search
- Initial release to Silver Citadel Allegiance for beta testing